The Rondout Valley High School Parents Association is committed to the successful education of all of our students so they are prepared for career and college.
The mission of the Association is to support and promote programs and activities that enhance critical thinking and problem solving, encourage team work, so that our graduates are prepared with skills and inspired to be stewards and empathetic leaders in this community and beyond.
We pledge to be a strong ally to our students, faculty, administration and community in the creation of this educational process, so that we may all have pride in our High School.
We invite all those interested parents and guardians who want to Stay Informed and Make a Difference to join us when we meet every 4th Monday of each month in the high school Welcome Center beginning at 7pm. Our meeting agenda is posted here on our quick link and emailed to our members one week before hand along with our meeting minutes. Our PA is invited to attend an array of meetings throughout the school year (BOE and RV Education Foundation to name a few). We ask our members to attend them when their schedule permits and discuss their findings with our group.
Some of Our Projects to date:
- Involvement in the Wall of Pride
- Collaboration with the RV Business Association on our Leadership Institute 8 week course and Mock Interviews
- We have invited BOCES faculty to our meetings to discuss what they have to offer our students
- We collaborated with our Student Counselors( Guidance) in offering a “preparing for college evening for parents”
- Invited Matt Green, SUNY Ulster Financial Aid Officer to speak in Eileen Quinn’s 12 th grade English class to discuss the differences in affordability of a community college, four year and private colleges.
- Invited Aston Stapleton, Education Opportunity Program counselor at SUNY Ulster to speak to our students about EOP and how it can help students achieve their academic goals
- Faculty Appreciation event. Our PA supplies healthy snacks and bottled water in front of the library before their monthly meeting to introduce ourselves and update them on our PA’s current agenda
- Community and school showing of the Dreamers Among Us ( a film about access to college for US immigrants)
- Our PA is in direct contact with our local newspaper the Blue Stone Press to submit current school events on their Events Calendar and the accomplishments of our students to share with our community. If you have an upcoming school event to share, you too can submit them to : firstname.lastname@example.org